Membership with the Vista View Flyers club (VVF) is required to fly at Vista View Park. The following outlines the process by which membership is requested:
- Prospective members must have a valid AMA Open Membership for the calendar year (VVF membership has the same expiration as your AMA).
- Prospective members must fill out and sign a membership application.
- Membership applications and membership dues can be presented to a club officer in person at the field or they can be mailed to the address on page 3 of the membership form.
At Vista View Flyers Club safety is our number 1 priority.
If you are new to the hobby we encourage you to talk to club members to familiarize yourself with the challenges and the rewards involved. If you decide to take up the hobby you will find several existing members who are willing to help new members with their equipment and the training necessary to achieve the confidence you will need to solo your airplane.
We also encourage you to purchase an R/C flight simulator, there are several available on the market today and crashing a "virtual" airplane is much less expensive than crashing a real airplane. If you are new to R/C we ask that you don't fly alone at Vista View Park until your skills reach a level were safety is not compromised. Please feel free to visit the field, talk to the officers and members and you will find many helpful people that will gladly help you with this wonderful hobby.
Membership Dues for the 2017 Calendar Year are as follows:
- $50 per year (for 1 or 2 year memberships)
- $25 if your AMA/ROAR membership will expire in 4 months or less
- Additionally, a one time $10 sign-up fee is in effect for new memberships
- Your membership will expire on the same date as your AMA/ROAR or at the end of the term that you pay for
All members with an AMA Youth Membership (Jr. or Sr.) whose parent is a club member are free.